Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is extremely important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Capitan Web Hosting website. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
The Way We Use Information:
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by logging into your account. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information.
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
According to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of The European Parliament and of The Council of 27 April 2016 which repealed the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC Capitan Hosting takes all the possible technical and organizational measures acknowledged by the applicable law in the Data protection field to protect any data we may store, operate or process about our clients.
How do we store and protect our clients` personal information
Your information collected through Capitan Hosting Services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country that Capitan Hosting operates in. Capitan Hosting does not transfer your information to a country or jurisdiction that does not have the same high requirements for data protection as the laws of your jurisdiction.
For any possible transfer of data outside EU borders, we guarantee the adequate level of data protection by means of contractual stipulations or other instruments as acknowledged by applicable law.
All information that we collect is stored online on servers owned and operated by Capitan Hosting. We guarantee the adequate level of data protection as we have taken the necessary actions to avoid the exposure of your personal information to third parties which include the following steps:
- The servers we store your personal information on are located in datacenter facilities with high security standards which include physical ID check for access, 24/7/365 onsite personnel and video control.
- The servers we use for storing personal information require a certain type of authentication and have security measures in place to avoid 3rd party unauthorized access.
- All staff members of Capitan Hosting who have access to your personal information have signed non-disclosure agreements not to use your information except for the purposes of performing their job.
- Capitan Hosting is concerned with protecting your privacy and data, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Capitan Hosting services or guarantee that your information on Capitan Hosting services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical or managerial safeguards. When you enter sensitive information (such as username and password) on our order form or client area, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure though. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information please contact us. We use an outside platform, and a credit card processing company to bill you if you purchase services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
- For EU customers, Capitan Hosting complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation as set by the European Union regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data.
- We use your information, given by you – other that client data – to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the service you requested and to provide support to you in regards to the service. We process client data solely in accordance with the directions provided by applicable client or user.
- We respect you privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the personal data you may have provided through your use of the services. If you wish to access or amend any personal data that we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained through the use of our services, you may contact us at any time as set forth in the “Contact us” page on our website. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database. You may update, correct or delete your account information at any time from your client area. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable amount of time, we may retain all information you submit for prevention of fraud, abuse or other legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. You may decline to provide some personal information to us, in which case we may not be able to provide some of the features of the service.
- We only retain the personal data collected from a user for as long as the account is active or otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Capitan Hosting does not own, control or direct the use of any of the client’s data stored or processed through the use of our services. Only the user is entitled to access, retrieve and direct the use of such client data. Capitan Hosting is unaware of what client data is actually being stored or made available by a client of the service and does not access directly such client data except as authorized by the client, or as necessary to provide the services to the client as requested.
Because Capitan Hosting does not collect or determine the use of any personal data contained in the client data and because it does not determine the purposes for which such personal data is collected nor its use, Capitan Hosting is not acting in the capacity of data controller in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation and does not have the associated responsibilities under EU law Capitan Hosting is responsible only for Hosting according to art. 14 of the DIRECTIVE 2000/31/EC Of The European Parliament And Of The Council of 8 June 2000. Capitan Hosting should be considered only as a processor on behalf of its clients as to any client data containing personal information that is subject to the requirements of GDPR. The client is the data controller under the Regulation for any client data containing personal information, meaning that such party controls the manner such personal data is collected and used as well as determination of the purposes and means of the processing of such personal data.
Capitan Hosting is not responsible for the content of the personal data contained in the client data or other information stored on its servers at the discretion of the client nor is Capitan Hosting responsible for the manner in which the client collects, handles, distributes or otherwise processes such personal information.
How to Contact Us?
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send us an email