Capitan Hosting keeps 7 copies (restore points) of your data for the last 7 days. We store the backups on remote backup servers with multiple hard drives.
Customers have access to their backups 24/7 via their control panel cPanel. To start the restore process you will need to login to cPanel and click on the R1soft Restore Backups icon which is under the Files section.
That will automatically send you to log-in page of the backup server holding the backups of your web hosting account. From this point you need to use your cPanel login details.
Once you successfully logged to backup server, on that page you will be able to see all available restore points for your account with the exact date and time when they were generated. On the right of the screen you will see 4 icons allowing you to perform specific actions.
- The first icon allows you to browse the files in your account and restore them. You can restore any file or directory in your account. You can also restore entire email boxes or separate e-mail messages.
- The second icon allows you to browse the databases in your account and restore any of them.
- The third icon gives you an option to download files or directories to your computer directly from the backup server.
- The fourth icon will restore the whole data of your account to an archive on the server.
Restore your files:
- From the Server Backup Manager home page, locate the recovery point that you want to access, and then click the R1Soft – Browse icon. The Browse Recovery Point window appears.
- To restore all of your files at once, select the check box next to the home directory, and then click Restore Selected.
- To view the contents of your home directory, double-click home. A file listing appears:
- To open a directory, double-click the directory name.To move back up a directory, click the Up icon.
- To restore a specific file (or multiple files), select the check box next to the filename (or filenames), and then click .
- To download a specific file (or multiple files), select the check box next to the filename (or filenames), and then click .
Note: For unlimited, reseller and cloud hosting accounts, you need to contact us to restore your databases.